Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) under the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA)
PEI greatly extends the concept of mental health services. PEI -
- Makes a huge shift in the role of the mental health community, opening up services to include Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) prevention and treatment service.
- Reaches out to new delivery systems and service providers.
- Addresses potential emotional issues or mental illness at the earliest stages – before mental illness diagnosis.
Introductory and Background Information on PEI and Accessing PEI Funding
Find out more about how AOD prevention and treatment service providers can access funding for program services under PEI and how COD stakeholders can help shape local PEI programs:
- Director Zito's Letter about PEI with helpful links
- Planning Guide for Prevention and Early Intervention under the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA)
- Sample Budget and Service Plan Form, for Program Plan in Response to RFP (Excel Format)
- Sample Budget and Service Plan Form, for Program Plan in Response to RFP (PDF Format)
- Introduction to PEI for AOD Service Providers, updated slideshow (Click on slides to view next one)
- Advanced Information on PEI for AOD Service Providers, updated slideshow (Click on slides to view next one)
- Suggested PEI Strategies for AOD Service Providers (PDF)
- PEI information on MHSA website (outside link)
Also see Co-Occurring Disorders Conferences and Trainings for additional information on upcoming forums, conferences, and trainings on PEI-related strategies and collaboration.