CalOMS Treatment (CalOMS Tx) is California’s data collection and reporting system for alcohol and other drug treatment services. Treatment providers send client treatment data to ADP each month. This treatment data builds a comprehensive picture of client behavior with: alcohol and drug use, the legal system, employment and education, family and social ties, and physical and psychological health. Summary reports, created from this treatment outcome data, contribute to the understanding of treatment and the improvement of substance abuse treatment programs in the continuum of prevention, treatment and recovery services. By telling the story of substance abuse and recovery in California, CalOMS Tx provides rich data for improving treatment outcomes, supporting effective funding and for legally mandated federal and state reporting.
All CalOMS Tx data is protected PHI. At a minimum, when using this data, use protection that complies with the privacy and security requirements defined in the rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Patient Records (42 CFR Part 2).
- CalOMS Tx Web-based Training
- Webinar - CalOMS Tx Training for Counties Nov. 2008 (PPT)
- CalOMS Tx File Instructions (to input data into ITWS)
The California Outcomes Measurement System (CalOMS) Treatment Input Data File Instructions provide detailed information required to construct the electronic data files submitted by the Counties and Direct Contract Providers (DCP) to the Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs (ADP) every month. This document defines and describes the expected file layout for admission, annual update, and discharge data submission for file version 1.0.
Please contact your CalOMS Tx data liaison to obtain a copy of the File Instructions document. Or, you may contact the help desk at 916-327-3010.
For more information about CalOMS Tx:
- Call ADP's Data Management Services office at (916) 327-3010 or 1-877-517-3329
- Send an email to CalOMSHelp@adp.ca.gov
CalOMS Treatment Quarterly Conference Calls
CalOMS Tx Documentation
Reports – System Information
CalOMS Tx Communication
- NEW! ADP Bulletin #12-13 CalOMS Tx Reporting Requirements: Private-Pay/Non-Publicly Assisted Clients
- NEW! ADP Bulletin #12-12 The DMC Transition from ADP to DHCS - Related to DMC Claims and CalOMS Tx Reporting
- NEW! ADP Bulletin #12-08 California Outcomes Measurement System - Treatment: Edit to Zip Code for Homeless
- NEW! ADP Email Encryption Instructions
- CalOMS Tx Data Management County Liaison Assignments
- September 1, 2012 - CalOMS Tx DMC Reconciliation & Rejects email letter
- NEW! CalOMS Bulletin #11-13 Referral Code for Post-Release Community Supervision (AB 109) clients in the California Outcome Measurement System - Treatment (CalOMS-Tx)
- CalOMS Bulletin #11-10 Procedures for Collection of Discharge Data for the California Measurement System - Treatment (CalOMS-Tx)
- CalOMS Bulletin #10-04 Criteria for Discharging Treatment Clients using the CalOMS Tx Completion Discharge Statuses
- CalOMS Bulletin #08-08 Guidelines to clarify procedures for collection of admission and discharge data for CalOMS Tx