Grants & Funding
Click to increase the text size. Restore Text
Click to restore original text size. Reduce Text
Click to decrease the text size.
Private Funding Sources
This page provides access to various private sources of grant funding for the treatment and prevention of substance abuse.
- The California Endowment website for grants benefits the health and well-being of the people of California. Areas of interest include Access, Health and Well-Being, Community Innovations and Multicultural Health.
- The California Wellness Foundation makes grants to improve the health of the people of California and for wellness education and disease prevention.
- Carnegie Corporation of New York specializes in grant provisions for Education, International Peace and Security, International Development, and Strengthening U.S. Democracy.
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation endeavors to enhance the capacity of individuals, families, or institutions at the local level and beyond.
- The Christopher D. Smithers Foundation is dedicated solely to education about, and understanding of, the disease of alcoholism and drug dependence.
- The David and Lucile Packard Foundation provides grants to nonprofit organizations in the following program areas: Conservation; Population; Science; Children, Families, and Communities; Arts; and Organizational Effectiveness and Philanthropy. The Foundation provides also has a special focus on the Northern California Counties of San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey.
- The Foundation Center is an independent nonprofit information clearinghouse whose mission is to foster public understanding of the foundation field by collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating information on foundations, corporate giving, and related subjects.
- Foundations & Grantmakers Directory provides a list of foundations and grant makers by name.
- Join Together Online supports community-based efforts to reduce, prevent, and treat substance abuse across the nation.
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is devoted to improving the health and health care of all Americans.
- The Tides Foundation Fund for Drug Policy Reform promotes innovative approaches to reduce the harm of both drug use and drug prohibition and to increase public support for alternatives to the war on drugs.