Click to increase the text size. Restore Text
Click to restore original text size. Reduce Text
Click to decrease the text size.
The Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs (ADP) has the sole authority in state government to license adult alcoholism or drug abuse recovery or treatment facilities. Within ADP, the Licensing and Certification Division (LCD) is responsible for assuring that quality services are provided to all program participants in a safe and healthful environment through the licensure, certification, regulation, and oversight of a statewide system of alcohol and other drug recovery and treatment facilities and programs and counselors.
To the left you will see links that will enable you to access the resources and information necessary to accomplish the following tasks, among others:
- Apply for an initial facility license or a license extension.
- Apply for an initial facility certification or a certification extension.
- Apply for a Drug Medi-Cal facility certification or re-certification.
- Find the list of accredited counselor certifying organizations.
- Research the applicable laws and regulations.
- Find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Submit a complaint regarding a facility or provider.