Click to increase the text size. Restore Text
Click to restore original text size. Reduce Text
Click to decrease the text size.
Important: If you are currently having feelings or thoughts about suicide, please immediately call either the:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255), or the
- National Hopeline Network 1.800.SUICIDE (1.800.784.2433).
Depression is treatable. Suicide can be prevented. Problem gambling help is available to California residents at 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537).
Listed below are toll-free helpline numbers and websites available to persons who may have a gambling problem or for those who are concerned about someone with a gambling problem.
Disclaimer: These problem gambling-related resources are provided as a general service to the public and does not indicate that ADP or the Office of Problem Gambling endorses, warrants, or otherwise guarantees the products, services, or information described or offered at these helplines and/or websites.
California Attorney General's Office
Bureau of Gambling Control
(916) 322-3360 or Toll-free in CA (800) 952-5225
California Lottery Problem Gambling
Helpline: 1-800-GAMBLER (800-426-2537)
UCLA Gambling Studies Program
The Division of Addictions (DOA) at the Cambridge Health Alliance
(an affiliate of Harvard Medical School)
- Northern California Hotline Numbers
- Northern California: 1-800-287-8670
- Greater Sacramento: 916-447-5588
- Shasta County: 530-241-5885
- Southern California Hotline Numbers
for Greater Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley,
Orange County, Riverside County and Ventura County:
- Palm Springs: 760-325-2808
- Greater San Diego: 1-866-239-2911
- Northern California:
- Hotline Number: Temporarily closed
- Los Angeles Area:
- Hotline Number: 1-818-377-5144
- San Diego Area:
- Hotline Number: 619-239-2911 (local area)
- toll free 1-866-239-2911
Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey Problem Gambling
Helpline: 1-800-GAMBLER or 1-800-426-2537
Please note: If you think any of the listed information is incorrect or out-of-date, please contact the Office of Problem Gambling at:
Office of Problem Gambling
California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs
1700 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95811-4037