BACKGROUNDThe Budget Act of FY 1991-92 authorized the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) to enter into an Interagency Agreement with ADP to administer the Parolee Services Network (PSN). The Parolee Services Network provides community-based alcohol and drug treatment and recovery services to parolees in 17 California counties. It is administered jointly by ADP and CDCR. In FY 2010-11 PSN marked its 20th year of operations.
- Program design provides up to 180 days of treatment and recovery services.
- Funding is provided by CDCR.
- Total local assistance funds for the PSN in Fiscal Year (FY) 2011-12 are $8,502,440.
- ADP allocates funds to the 17 participating counties based
on historical need and past funding levels.
- Place parolees in appropriate alcohol and other drug treatment and recovery programs, either from the
community parole systems or immediately upon release from prison custody.
- Improve parolee outcomes as evidenced by fewer drug-related revocations and related criminal violations.
- Support parolee reintegration into society by encouraging a clean and sober lifestyle.
- Reduce State General Fund costs for incarceration and parole supervision.
The 17 counties that participate in the PSN program fall into three geographical groupings statewide:
BAY AREA COUNTIES (9)
- Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Napa, and Sonoma.
- Funding for FY 2011-12 is $4,189,806.
- The treatment capacity is 22 pretreatment orientation slots, 140 residential beds, 233 nonresidential slots, 35 sober living environment (SLE) beds, and five detoxification beds.
CENTRAL VALLEY COUNTIES (3)
- Fresno, Kern and Sacramento.
- Funding for FY 2007-08 is $760,151.
- The treatment capacity is 33 residential beds, 17 SLE beds, and 47 nonresidential slots.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COUNTIES (5)
The five counties are Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego. The two largest PSN programs statewide are located in Los Angeles and San Diego Counties.
Los Angeles County
- Funding for FY 2011-12 is $1,044,822.
- The treatment capacity is 36 residential beds, 72 nonresidential slots and 12 SLE beds.
San Diego County
- Funding for FY 2011-12 is $1,344,591.
- The treatment capacity is 87 residential beds, six SLE beds, 11 nonresidential slots and one detoxification bed.
Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties
- Funding for Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties in FY 2011-12 is $1,163,070.
- The treatment capacity is 22 residential beds, 124 nonresidential slots and one detoxification bed.