- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Dual Diagnosis Capability in Addiction Treatment
- Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs
- Department of Mental Health
- California Institute for Mental Health
- Alcohol and Drug Policy Institute
- California Mental Health Directors Association
- California Alcohol & Drug Program Administrators Association of California
- Co-Occurring Center for Excellence (COCE)
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA)
The Co-Occurring Joint Action Council - COJAC
In 2005, California participated in SAMHSA’s COD National Policy Academy in Washington, D.C. That meeting brought together state participants to develop an action plan to improve services for individuals with co-occurring alcohol and other drug and mental health conditions. The California State Department of Mental Health, California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs, the California Mental Health Directors Association and County Alcohol & Drug Program Administrators Association of California, providers, and other agencies developed COJAC to implement the action plan. In addition to participation by the CiMH president and CEO on the COJAC, CiMH has contracted to provide staff support to the committee.
You may follow their activities at their website at http://www.thecojac.org.